Offer the perfect bed and breakfast books for your happy guests who love to read. Your bed and breakfast may house a small library or even a parlor or study with a large selection of books on your shelves. If you are wondering what kind of books to make available, the following are some great suggestions:
- Architecture: for readers interested in building and architectural styles
- Arts and Photography: people love to look at art and photography, including books from your local museum
- Biographies: especially of any legends about the people who live in your town or former tenants of your home or anyone famous in your area
- Business: business travelers will appreciate books on business topics such as leadership
- Computers and Technology: including books about social media
- Cooking: people may be looking for a new recipe–especially if it is your cookbook (that you have for sale)!
- Crafts and Hobbies: scrapbooking enthusiasts as well as those who have other hobbies will like these types of books
- Fiction: particularly if the setting in the book is in your local area or at a bed and breakfast inn, novels may really be attractive to your guests
- Flora and fauna: for the garden lovers, horticultural experts, biologists, and green thumbs
- Guidebooks: for guests who want to get to know your area and its attractions
- Health and fitness: this could include books about eating and exercising
- History books: many people love to read about history (especially the history of your location)
- Home decorating: people who stay in bed and breakfasts usually appreciate home decor, art, and antiques
- Humor and entertainment: these include humorous books by comedy professionals
- Literature: classic literature lovers will be delighted to see books by Shakespeare or Jane Austen
- Mystery, thriller, and suspense: Mary Daheim has a series of bed and breakfast mysteries that could interest your guests
- Relationships: such as improving communication skills
- Romance: keys to keeping the romance alive
- Science fiction and fantasy: including time travel and virtual worlds
- Sports and outdoors: books based on what guests can do at your inn such as fishing, hunting, golfing, skiing, and more
- Success books: people love reading about having success, achieving more, and reaching their dreams
- Travel: books specific to your local area or your state will help guests make choices on what to do during their stay
You need not spend a lot of money if you do not already have a wide collection of books.There are plenty of good used bookstores and even yard sales that sell them.
Having good reading material for your guest helps them remember their stay at your bed and breakfast even more fondly. See the B&B Books listed for a great selection of Bed and Breakfast related books!
Note: I receive Amazon Affiliate commissions from purchases made through these Amazon links.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography