Pinning Means Winning!
With more than 25 billion pins to explore, you are sure to come up with exciting boards to showcase your bed and breakfast. Pinning means winning! You just click on the plus sign (+) to the left of your user name to create a new board. They will give you the following three options:
- Upload a pin (you are adding your own image)
- Add from a website (add pins from another website)
- Create a board (each board represents a new category of pictures)
When you create a board, they ask you to:
- Name the board (use keywords or a memorable name that makes sense)
- Description (description of the kind of pictures on your board so visitors know what to expect)
- Category of your board (such as Travel or Food and Drink)
- Gives you the option to add a map (don’t have to do this with each board)
- Keep it secret? (it you are not ready to unveil your masterpiece)
Each pin goes on a pinboard. Viewers can like, repin, or comment on your pin. This is where you can market your bed and breakfast. Even if you don’t have a lot your own pins, you can creatively pin other people’s pins onto memorable boards. It does not take long to get attention.
I will share with you some of my Pinterest boards in the next series of blog posts. Till then, just get started–you will be so glad you did! Getting noticed is exciting. Pinning means winning more business!!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography