While Pinterest is fun, it is important that businesses form a Pinterest strategy centered around the feedback they have received from other pinners.
- Develop a strategy based on your analytics
- Tailor your boards to the needs and interests of your followers (based on your Pinterest analytics)
- Showcase your pins in an organized way that makes sense
- Find out who is pinning what and why
- Measure your impact and focus on boards performing the best
- Create a variety of different boards that each target certain words
- Cross-promote on other social media platforms (ex: Twitter, Facebook)
- Include hash tags (#) in your board descriptions
- Invite specific types of travelers into your bed and breakfast (ex: couples, business people, girlfriends, etc.)
- Determine if you want to be pet-friendly, kid-friendly, or offer special events such as weddings or retreats
- Look at how other B&B’s (with a large number of followers) use Pinterest
Pinterest can help virtually any business establish brand and get the word out. What you get out of Pinterest depends on what you put in it. In the process, guests will be able to peek into your personality, style, loves, and aspirations. Guests will feel like they know you before they arrive!
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography