You can use Twitter for hospitality business growth. Twitter For Dummies (3rd edition by Laura Fitton, Anum Hussain, and Brittany Leaning) is a book filled with practical information whether you are using Twitter for social or for business purposes or both!
Twitter’s limit of 140 characters forces you to focus your thoughts into concise, direct sound bites. You have 160 characters for your bio statement which could also be your mission statement.
“@yourtwitterhandle" is where ___________ (types of people) can find ____________ (the value of following your account)
Be sure to link back to your main website so they can learn even more about you and visit/stay at your location.
The key is to give your audience a reason to follow your tweets. What makes you and your place of hospitality so unique?
How Businesses Use Twitter:
- To network with customers and see what they’re saying
- To answer questions
- To finely tune a company image
- To poll and pull in feedback
- To bring in new leads and customers
- To take advantage of an innovative form of advertising
- Listen: pay attention to what is going on around you on Twitter
- Balance: have a good ratio of conversational to business tweets
- Engage: interact with other Twitter users, follow back people who follow you
- Public relations: plan and promote events, proactively notify the press
Valuable Content to Tweet:
- Images: pictures of your hospitality location
- Links to articles: about your business or local area
- Quotes: to make others think or share great reviews
- Data: such as useful facts
- Entertaining content: such as clean humor
- Smart tips: relevant to what you do
- Recognition and curation of other great accounts
- Probing questions: to learn more about your audience
- Smart answers to others’ questions: be helpful and genuine
- Retweets: share the tweets that your happy customers mention you in
Whether you are a bed and breakfast inn, hotel, or restaurant, your place of hospitality can use Twitter to attract more guests. With all of these ways to use Twitter and the types of valuable content to share, you can to use Twitter for hospitality business growth.