Do you know what "hygge" really means? "Hygge" is a Scandinavian (specifically Danish) word for enjoying the good things in life. It evokes an atmosphere of coziness accompanied by a feeling of contentment and well-being. There is nothing more "hygge" than spending quality time with the people you love.
The board game Hygge has over 300 thought-provoking questions designed to spark meaningful discussions. Cozy conversation in pleasant company.
Responses will allow the others to better get to know each participant's:
- personality traits
25 of my favorite questions:
- How would you define intelligence?
- In what ways to you make other people's lives better?
- If you could be guaranteed an honest answer, what would you ask and to whom?
- If you could have one million of anything (except money), what would you choose?
- If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why?
- If you had enough money to retire tomorrow, what would you do with the rest of your life?
- If you had the whole world's attention for thirty seconds, what would you say or do?
- Name one thing most people don't know about you?
- Should students get to grade their teachers?
- What actor/actress would play you in the movie version of your life?
- What book changed your life?
- What can we learn from children?
- What compliment have you received and never forgotten?
- What does the world need more of?
- What do you do differently than most people?
- What is the best song ever written?
- What is the best television show of all time?
- What is the most meaningful gift you ever received?
- What is the one key trait that makes people successful?
- What is your greatest wish for the upcoming year?
- What kind of people do you most admire?
- What movie do you wish they would make a sequel to?
- What personal quality do people appreciate about you?
- What quality do you appreciate the most in a friend?
- What would you do if you won the lottery?
What board games, if any, do your guests play during their stay with you? Do you offer them a library of books to read during their stay? Guests appreciate the extras, such as access to games and books, that you offer them during their stay.
On a personal note, my daughter participated in a high school student exchange program a few years back. We hosted a Dane (someone from Denmark) and then she stayed with another Danish student during her time in Copenhagen, Denmark. This was her first international trip and it was a very memorable experience. She understands what hygge really means.
Top Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography