Wonder what to do at a bed and breakfast? While getting extra rest (and more affection) can be incredible, there is other bed and breakfast indoor fun to experience. I also will highlight some of the benefits of having fun.
Bed and breakfast inns may offer luxurious indoor amenities and places such as:
- Gift shop
- Hot tub
- Pool table
- Screening room
Innkeepers often have common rooms for B&B guests that include the following:
- Artwork on display
- Board games
- Coloring books (adult coloring books are now quite popular)
- Decks of cards
Most bed and breakfasts offer free wi-fi internet access in your guest room and in common rooms. This means that guests can go online for fun (or if you really must, for business).
Some bed and breakfasts offer indoor activities such as:
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations
- Book discussion club
- Cooking classes
- Scrap-booking retreat
- Tea time
- Quilting circle
- Wine tastings
Some bed and breakfasts have entertainers come to their inn to perform for the guests on special occasions. Sometimes it is the innkeepers that perform music for the guests. Other times, it is the guests who are encouraged to play the musical instruments at the inn (such as piano or guitar).
I have the kind of personality where I feel guilty if I am not working. Some of us really need to give ourselves "permission" to relax. Here are just some of the important benefits we can all receive from unwinding and having fun:
- Better perspective on what is really important in life
- Increase in our overall productivity
- Less stress and more peace of mind
- More creativity to solve problems and/or earn income
- Prevention of boredom (which can affect the ability to focus)
- Replenishment of energy and motivation
- Reward to yourself (and others) for having achieved specific goals
Regardless of the reason you would like to stay inside (such as the weather), bed and breakfast guests can find pleasant things to do. Innkeepers are also more than happy to make suggestions for indoor activities. Sometimes you don't know what you're missing until you ask.
Image by Marcus Berg of Unique Angles Photography